Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cuckoo!

Here is Soren upstaging his sisters while they perform "So Long Farewell" from The Sound of Music. It's their favorite movie lately and they actually sang the whole song with the actions almost all correctly without any direction from us (OK, so I've let them watch it every day for about a week...) I only put the beginning on here because it's kind of long. Notice that Soren chimes in on Cora's second "cuckoo" completely on pitch and rhythm. His subsequent "cuckoo" not so much, but distractingly cute nonetheless. The girls have also been singing the "Do Re Mi" song from the movie as well, totally learning it on their own from watching and mimicking. I have to say here too that I watched the pilot of this new Fox show which will air in the fall, Glee, that has to have been inspired by High School Musical (although I've never seen it), but it's great fun and I showed Isabelle the two musical numbers in it and she asks for it every day and has recruited Cora again to play out the boy part while she is the girl. It reminds me so much of Erin and I when we would make up plays for Family Home Evening or any other time someone would agree to watch us. Anyway, I LOVE it, they are such delights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is my third time trying to leave a comment!!! They are refusing to let it happen. OK try again: Kids are great/cute/wonderful/musical/ and a total delight! Parents are smart/clever/blessed/charming/intelligent/ and generally a boon to mankind. Now let's see if this one gets through.

tons of love,
mom

Jenn said...

So cute. I get a kick out of listening to Isabelle sing whenever I'm subbing in Primary. And wasn't it Cora who sang at the Primary Quartely Activity a while back when we were doing the Talent show? You defintely have musically givted children!

The cutest 3

The cutest 3