Monday, July 27, 2009

Prayers

I forgot to record this earlier, an experience while my mother was visiting. One night while I was giving the girls a bath (Soren already asleep), my mom came up to give me the phone and while we were chatting in there, Cora decided to go around and lock both sides of the bathroom doors (they open to a different bedroom on either side) and close them after coming in with us. On our other doors there is always a clever way to unlock it if someone inadvertently locks it and Cora has lately been fascinated by locking doors. At any rate, all four of us (me, my mom, Isabelle and Cora) were locked in the bathroom! I didn't have my trusty little screwdriver to meddle with the door, mostly at our disposable were tiny hairclips and toothbrushes. So we tried what we had and my mother had the brains to see what kind of hook we had a picture on, which turned out to be one of those long ones you insert into the wall and twist around. Yay! But it still wasn't quite working. We took turns jiggling and prodding. The girls pretended to help and were having a little adventure, although I wasn't too encouraging about their efforts ("no honey, the plastic barrette won't do anything") I didn't notice when they sequestered themselves in the room with the toilet and bath (has a door to separate from the rest of the bathroom). They soon came out and announced that they did something to help us. "What did you do?" They beamed, "we said a prayer!" I nearly fainted. My 6 and 4 year old on their own deciding there was indeed something they could do and prayed! And sure enough, five minutes later as I found a way to wrench my little picture wire into the side of the door handle, it popped open the lock and we were free! It's always good to remember those little answers to prayers and I wanted to be sure to write it down!

No comments:

The cutest 3

The cutest 3