
The Texas Renaissance Festival!! SO cool, we had a great time with the kids. I had no idea how HUGE it would be, you could spend all day there easily (if you didn't have three young children, that is). I wish I would have gotten pictures of some of the great costumes many people wore there, but in place of it, I downloaded this one above from their website to get the "effect" of the place.




Face painting a must!!

Cool dragon

Cora may have chosen this one from having watched "Bolt" a lot lately...

These boat swings were so cool!! They could pull a big long rope to go higher, the girls love it.

In the meantime, Soren had a blast running down this hill over and over again.

The girls getting harnessed up for a pretty thrilling ride...

An easy start, Isabelle was a little nervous at first...

This is Cora way up there. Pretty amazing, eh? Isabelle went up just as high also. They LOVED it. Before they had their turn, watching other folks flying up, Isabelle said she definitely did NOT want to go on. But when her little sister said she wanted to try it, well, she had to go too. They asked to go again the rest of the time we were there. I would have done it too if I didn't have my current issues with motion and nausea.

A fun elephant ride with just the girls. Brad took Soren on a camel ride, but the picture turned out too dark. We ended the evening watching fireworks as we trekked back to the van. What a day!!! Earlier in the day Isabelle had her last soccer game, a piano recital and the girls attended a birthday party before we went to RenFest. Needless to say, this happened on the way home:
4 comments:
What a fun day! we need to do that sometime!
Kira, that looks like so much fun. And so elaborate. How did the jumping thing work that got the kids in the air? And Isabelle, I want a dragon on my face too! What a day!!
love,
Nana
ps: loved the picture of the kids asleep.
Wow, that did look like fun (I'm just now catching up on your blog...it's been a while. :) So actually, I was living in Houston during this time!
Post a Comment