Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Grocery games
So, I'm not the best coupon-clipper and sale-chaser, although I pretend once in awhile that I'm totally into it. It can be like a part-time job, so when I have time to sit down, look at the ads, clip the coupons, then plan which stores I'll use which coupons during which sales etc., it's really exciting. And being able to do it with Clark and Soren in tow is a serious accomplishment. It's the only way I can really contribute to finances, and the only "savings" I have some control over in our budget. Anyway, I'm really proud of this grocery trip I did today, so as weird as it is to POST about it, I'm going to anyway just to have some proof out there that I have done something perhaps smart, perhaps frugal.... :-) So I took a picture of all the groceries I bought today that totaled $38.00. With sales and coupons, I saved a total of $43.67. That's the first time I've ever saved more than I paid. I've seen a couple of news shows where this expert shopping/coupon woman goes up to the cashier with a cart full of groceries and pays 25 cents or something. I'm not going to aspire to that or else I'll get depressed. In any case, I must celebrate the few triumphs I get :-) (how can you tell Brad's been out of the country for almost a week? I can't stop babbling to a computer... and this is the third post on the blog in 30 minutes. Help me Rhonda)
OK, so it doesn't look like much, now that I've uploaded it, but I wrote that whole paragraph... There's a bunch of produce hiding back there, okay? I still feel accomplished, even if you're saying what a freakin' loser. Alright, that's enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kira, you are too funny!
I started doing the same thing like a month ago! :) and I was so happy when I saved $30 at Walmart with my coupons!
I don't know how the "coupon queen" save so much money with coupon and get free food! :) I'm jealous! :)
maybe we should get together sometime and exchange coupons! I don't need the coupons for diapers! :) you did great!we can do it! :)
Post a Comment