Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snot Rocket

One night when I was much too tired to think up a decent bedtime story, I just let whatever pour out of my mouth and this story emerged: A little boy named Soren had a talent of creating snot rockets [so I'm pretty sure this characterization came to mind because I was holding him and wiping his nose while tucking in the girls]. Whenever he got mad at someone he would make a snot rocket, a ball full of snot that would open in the persons face right before it hit them, like a bubble. One day during recess Soren was trying to go on the slide, but another little boy kept going down, then running around and pushed himself ahead of Soren and said, "Nope! My turn! Nope! My turn!" So he made a snot rocket and threw it at him. Well, the teacher got very mad at Soren and sent him to the principal's office. The principal asked Soren why he threw a snot rocket at the other boy and Soren told him why. The principal said, "well, could you make any other rockets? Why don't you try throwing a love rocket instead?" So the next day when the little boy was bothering Soren again, this time he made a bubble full of hearts, and when he threw it at the boy, a million hearts burst out of the bubble and hugged and kissed him. The little boy was so surprised he told Soren he was sorry and let him go on the slide.

That is the gist of the story I told once a couple of weeks ago, and today during a dinner conversation with Isabelle we were talking about saying "no" to everything and she said, "just like that mean boy did to Soren on the slide." Soren is, of course, barely one, so I said, "when?" "From the story you told us and he threw a love rocket at him instead of a snot rocket." And she and Cora both proceeded to tell the whole story. Man, do my made-up stories sound very amusing coming from a child's mouth. And you know, it sounded so legitimate when they told it - as if they read it in a book and not blathered out by a tired mom racking her brain for creativity. (not that everything from books are "legitimate" but you know what I mean).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is very dear :-).

The cutest 3

The cutest 3