Sunday, September 27, 2009
Nanaimo, B.C.
A couple of weeks ago I went up to my grandfather's memorial. He is the last of my grandparents to die. It's very strange. My grandfather lived to be 90 years old and didn't suffer his last days, so it was a good passing. And it was wonderful to see relatives I haven't seen in years, many since my Nana's memorial four years ago. Here's a picture of the grandchildren that attended. My sister Paralee, Jeff and Joey (cousins), me and then my big bro Paul! We really look related don't we? It made me sad to think about how far apart we all live. I think about the relationship my kids are having with their cousins and it's priceless. In the end, though, even with the distance, when we're together it's nothing. It's beautiful, really. Family is timeless. Well, it's something. I can't come up with a more original word. The next picture is one of my grandfather in his younger year. Handsome, eh? Great hair.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment